The purpose of writing is to communicate.
Regardless of what you are writing, you need a skillful copy editor to review and refine your communication before you release it into the world. Your editor finds and resolves all writing errors, from slight to significant, which otherwise could be detrimental to the outcome of your work. Editing allows you to present your best writing to your intended audience.
I bring to each project many years of experience, diverse education in writing and literature, specialized study in copyediting, precise attention to detail, and passion for written language. I respect your ideas, research, and voice. Your work is not rewritten; it is polished. I correct syntax, usage, punctuation, and more to support the clarity, effectiveness, and consistency of your writing.
My editing process ensures:
• Each word is spelled correctly and used appropriately
• Punctuation conforms to current writing standards
• Errors in verb tense, pronoun-antecedent clarity, parallel structure, and subject-verb agreement are corrected
• Sentences are strong, flowing, and articulate; paragraphs are coherently constructed
• Vagueness and repetition are avoided; discrepancies are addressed
• Elements such as numbering, headings, abbreviations, and references are consistent throughout the document
• Document aligns with any formatting, usage, or other style requirements of writing guides such as Chicago Manual of Style, APA, MLA, or those of your publisher or university
site content © 2010–2018 J. Romaine